Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sleepy Days, Long and Crazy Nights

So, I'm on the last night of working 3 in a row. I don't normally work 3 in a row...but every so often the person who does the schedule forgets, and here I am. I've been really lucky this time...It was Cole's friday off, so I didn't need a babysitter and I've been able to sleep. However, sleeping the day away has it's disadvantages...I didn't get to see the boys at all yesterday, and only got to see my Talia for about 10 minutes. Today, I got to see Talia for about 30 minutes, and I got to see the boys, but they weren't really interested in hanging out with mom today. It's really hard not to see my kids for such a long stretch, and I've got more to go....the new schedule starts tomorrow, and I've got tomorrow off and then work Monday and Tuesday. 5 shifts in 6 days. It sucks, and I really hate working a long stretch like that; it's the trade off for having a week off.

It's interesting to see the changes in my baby when I don't see her even for a couple of days...she is now very efficient at the army crawl, trying to stick her finger in the outlets (time to dig out the outlet covers), and wherever I was today, she was trying to get to me. It's nice to know she misses me too.

Work has been crazy, but is finally slowing down a bit. We had 3 sick calls for our shift, so our groups have pretty heavy workloads, and lots of charting. I'm taking care of a poor little baby who's withdrawing tonight....we finally loaded him up with morphine, and he's doing better, but his crying breaks my heart. And there's not much I can do about it, he can't even be swaddled right now, because he has jaundice and is under lights. I just feel very blessed that I had 3 healthy babies. And I know Heavenly Father continues to bless me and my family.

No comments: